Although you do not require a specific qualification to work as a tutor, many graduates find it helpful to have a professional introduction to this area of work.
The Diploma in Tutoring is a new, university-level qualification, which has been designed to prepare you for a career in tutoring. Expert lecturers from the University of Worcester's Institute of Education will help develop your teaching skills, as well as guiding you through some of the practicalities of tutoring
EduCare is the UK’s leading provider of essential duty of care and safeguarding training. Members of The Tutors’ Associate are eligible to access the following courses for only £45 + VAT (RRP £182.50)
- Safeguarding Young People
- Child Protection in Education
- Online Safety
- The Prevent Duty
- First Aid Essentials
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- A Practical Guide to the GDPR
- A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education
This is bundle can only be purchsed through our members' intranet.
The Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online learning solutions in the UK, funded under the Adult Education Budget.
With numerous fully funded courses available, The Skills Network help individuals to increase their skill set. The assessments are marked by free-lance tutors and the courses are accredited by TQUK and NCFE CACHE.
Some course titles include:
· Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
· Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
· Understanding Dyslexia and Other Specific Learning Difficulties
· Understanding Autism
· Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
· Bullying In Children and Young people
· Understanding Behaviour that Challenges in Children
· Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
· Allergy Awareness
Myelin Academia is the only certified tutor training provider able to check the authenticity of their certificates so clients & agencies can verify if a tutor holds Certified Tutor Status, a benchmark of training and quality assurance, as recognised by an awarding body.
Their Level 1 Award in ‘PRESET’ Tutor Training: Certified Tutor Status introduces the tools which underpin all great educators and make highly-competent tutors, as well as the skills to promote independent and resilient learners, preparing students for life beyond the demands of education.
TTA members are eligible for 20% off training with a special code at checkout.
Qualified Tutor’s Level 3 in Education and Training
Gain a nationally-recognised teaching qualification designed specifically for tutors.
· Train amongst like-minded peers for an enjoyable and transformational learning experience.
· Earn the Qualified Tutor Level 3 Quality Mark to enhance your tutoring profiles.
· The course takes 6-12 weeks to complete, combines live and asynchronous learning and costs £220. TTA members benefit from a 15% discount.
Qualified Tutor is an Approved Centre of Highfield Qualifications. They improve outcomes for students by training tutors within a supportive community.
CPD and Training from the Professional Association for Teachers of SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulty)
A programme of tutor workshops ran by member Osborne Cawkwell Tuition delivering basic training in a broad range of educational topics that are relevant, practical and engaging.
High quality training for education professionals working in the area of special needs