Although you do not require a specific qualification to work as a tutor, many graduates find it helpful to have a professional introduction to this area of work.
The Diploma in Tutoring is a new, university-level qualification, which has been designed to prepare you for a career in tutoring. Expert lecturers from the University of Worcester's Institute of Education will help develop your teaching skills, as well as guiding you through some of the practicalities of tutoring.
The Skills Network is one of the most successful providers of online learning solutions in the UK, funded under the Adult Education Budget.
With numerous fully funded courses available, The Skills Network help individuals to increase their skill set. The assessments are marked by free-lance tutors and the courses are accredited by TQUK and NCFE CACHE.
Some course titles include:
· Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values
· Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
· Understanding Dyslexia and Other Specific Learning Difficulties
· Understanding Autism
· Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
· Bullying In Children and Young people
· Understanding Behaviour that Challenges in Children
· Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
· Allergy Awareness
Achieving Certified Tutor Status (CTSTM) & Level 3 Tutor Training with Myelin Academia.
Courses: Level 3 Award in Tutor Training ‘PRESET’ & Achieving CTSTM
Level 3 courses are quality assured, certified and endorsed by Training Qualifications UK.
Designed to target key principles that lead to effective tuitions alongside the fundamental skills that underpin all great educators.
Unit overview: Safeguarding, Tutoring Standards, Psychological Research, Executive Skill, Educational Techniques, Good Practice.
Self-guided 6-8 hours training costs £120. Options for live 1-2-1 workshops & course support. TTA members are eligible for 20% discount.
Progression opportunities: ‘Achieving CTS’ A practical & applied route
Myelin Academia is an Approved Centre of Training Qualifications UK. TQUK Centre Number: C001292
Qualified Tutor’s Level 3 in Education and Training
Earn an internationally-recognised teaching qualification designed specifically for tutors.
· Train amongst like-minded peers for an enjoyable and transformational learning experience.
· Gain a digital, shareable certification, the Qualified Tutor Level 3 Quality Mark, to enhance your tutoring profile.
· The course takes 6-12 weeks to complete, combines live workshops with asynchronous portfolio work and costs £260. TTA members benefit from a 15% discount.
Qualified Tutor is UK-Registered Learning Provider and an Approved Centre of Highfield Qualifications.
CPD and Training from the Professional Association for Teachers of SpLD (Specific Learning Difficulty)
A programme of tutor workshops ran by member Osborne Cawkwell Tuition delivering basic training in a broad range of educational topics that are relevant, practical and engaging.
High quality training for education professionals working in the area of special needs